10.11.08

Gratitude

I think that I need to take a moment to seek a sense of gratitude in my life. Most days this comes as a very simple task, most often naturally with little thought. But today it comes as a struggle. I think that when in the midst of trying to make decisions I become overwhelmed, seeking a very large hole to crawl into. A friend recently made a comment to me about he tries to live his life being proactive rather than reactive. It is something that made me stop and think. I had to really honestly ask myself how I live my life. I found that it is a combination of both. Sometimes leaning more to one side then the other. I remember a favorite Bishop on mine one saying that life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. This is the same principle, is it not? So where do gratitude come into this equation? For now it will be in the simple fact that I have remembered a principle that was taught to me long ago. Maybe as I begin to think a little more about this I will seek my hole a little less until eventually it will be nothing more than a passing thought.

No comments: