3.11.08

A lesson.....

Life is short.
Time goes by quickly.
Tomorrow may be your last day on earth.
Or it may be today.

As a child I was taught how to love unabashedly. I was taught to give of myself freely, without restraint. I was taught to express love often. To laugh always and to share that laughter with others. I was taught loss. I was taught sorrow. I was taught regret.

As an adolescent I decided to change. I didn't want to experience loss in the same way. I wanted to walk without regret. I wanted to be free.

As an adult I have chosen to express gratitude quickly without reserve. To love freely. To live each day knowing that I have done all that I can. I have chosen laughter and joy over sorrow and sadness. I have chosen sincerity over insincerity. I have chosen, quite simply, to be me.

No comments: