6.3.06

Ahh the joys....

Today is definitely a Monday.

Let's start with the fact that I forgot to set my alarm last night. Instead of waking up at 6:45 to go to the gym before going to work I ended up waking up at 7:30. The next hour consisted of me falling back asleep multiple times and finally pulling myself out of bed somewhere around 8:30. I then decided that instead of going to the gym this morning I would go this evening. So I managed to find several things to throw into my gym bag before heading out the door. Finally at about 9:45 I managed to get out of the house but only after multiple runs up to my room (which is located on the third floor) to get numerous things which I had forgotten.

On my way to work I decided to stop by the library to return a book on cd that I had checked out last week and found unappealing. After returning the first book I picked up two more hoping that I will have better luck with at least one of these. Finally on my way to work I missed the turn to get onto Route 29. Instead of turing around I decided to loop around on some side streets which then leads me to cross over Route 29. I realized my mistake as I drove past a landmark and once again I had to turn around. At last, feeling as though things are under control, I continued my drive to work.

It takes about 20 mins to get to the highway and once there I feel moderately competent in getting myself to work, that is until I miss the exit to 93 North. Once again I have to backtrack. I get off at the next exit, make my way through busy traffic and new territory to find 95 N. Once there I manage to get off at the correct exit and finally find myself on 93 N.

In the process of doing all of this I realize that I have left my tennis shoes at home and feel as though I have been utterly defeated in any attempt to go to the gym. I then look to the floor of the passenger seat of my car and wonder if I should try to workout in my heels that I wore to church yesterday or my slides that I am wearing to work today. Just think, lifting weights in a pair of heels, that will turn heads!

All of this happened within the first two hours of my day. One hour of which was spent in the car listening to a book that I will once again return to the library in search of something to bring slightly more entertainment into my day.

As if enough entertainment doesn't already exist.

No comments: