20.4.06

Hello World!!!

I am here.

This is me.

All the good, bad, and ugly. I can't change the parts that you don't like. I can't become something that I am not. I may make you cry. I will always try to make you laugh. I may hide under mounds of clothing and layers of mud. I may stand naked for all to see. But I will always be me.


Please don't try to change me. Don't try to mold me into something you find more pleasing. Because what you want and what I am may be two different things. Forgive me for my mistakes, my stumbles, my blunders, and love me all the more because of them. Love me for my successes, cheer me on during my failures. Support me, uplift me. Do not hide me or discourage me. Do not make me feel less that I am. Acknowledge me. Help me. In doing so I may help to make you better. Teach me and guide me. Learn from me. Do not lie to me or mistreat me.


I cannot and will not change what I am, who I am becoming. I will grow strong, I will grow tall and I will be proud of who I am and what I stand for. Because I can do nothing else, I can be nothing else. I may at times forget these things. Please forgive me for that and help to remind me. Do not try to inhibit me by your thoughts and ideas of what I should be. Encourage me to be the best me because I can be nothing else.


Simply put: I am me.

4 comments:

Tang Tang said...

That is absolutely beautiful...it should be the mantra to all friends, people, and loves in our lives. Were we all to live by this, imagine the beauty of the world! I heart ubiquitous for all she art.

Kylee said...

I ditto the above comment and let it be known to all that I am the president of the "flower who brings laughter" club!

jasmine said...

Thank you lovelies! I think that I might just be okay with Kyles being president of the forementioned club.

Tang Tang said...

Hey! Can I be treasurer? Because I treasure you...ah ha haaa....ha.