15.4.06

The insanity that is...

My mind.....

So I have this tendency to think of slightly odd and yet somewhat humorous scenarios when I am either frustrated or bored. Typically this results in me laughing out loud and others looking at me as though I am insane. Hard to believe, I know.

Here is an example:

The other day I was at a friends apartment. Two people were sitting on the couch having a deeply spiritual conversation. I was standing back observing the interactions that were occurring. Completely out of the blue I begin to laugh. This immediately stops the conversation as they look at me with an expression that screams, "What in the world is so funny?!!?" I apologize as I move away and look for anyone who may share in the delight that resulted in the previously expressed laughter. I find someone. Share with them my thoughts and receive a comment that is not what I had expected and as a result leaves me completely ungratified. My response: I walked quietly away grateful that I had not shared the same thought with anyone else.

What is this thought you may ask:

Well let me tell you. Hmmm....maybe that would be pushing it. Lets just say it is something that would be highly entertaining if it were to actually occur.


I must admit though that often times I feel lost in a world where few have traveled and few will even begin to understand. One day...this may change....either I will be committed or...others will begin to see the world in a similar light.

3 comments:

cat said...

Hm. You are very mean to not share your weird thoughts. How else are we supposed to really know if you are actually weird or not?

Except you totally are;)

jasmine said...

Cat, now that I have shared my thoughts with you I think that there is no doubt that I am a FREAK!!!! But thats okay, maybe you and I can be FREAKs together...oops did I just call you a freak? No you are perfectly normal...

cat said...

Oh, no. I'm definately freakish. It's all good.