14.5.06

Last woman standing....

It's true. I have been right all along...

Let me explain.

There is a group of girls. Four of us to be exact. We became very close friends as a result of a church calling. It was incredible. All of us were single when we began to work together. We loved to talk, we loved to laughed....we loved to eat. It was great.

Well last spring once of us decided that she wanted to do something crazy...get married. She found a boy...he liked her, she liked him....and boom look at that. They got engaged in the winter and married last June.

This was okay...there were still three of us left.

Not for long. Another one decided that she wanted to get married as well. Actually a boy decided he wanted to marry her and she thought, "Hey that's not such a bad idea."

Well once this happened I knew it was all down hill from here. I would definitely be the last on to get hitched. Girl number two gets married this June. I was okay with this. Girl number three has been seriously dating a guy off and on for a few years and my thought was..."Hey they will wait at least another year before getting hitched..."

Nice thought. Too bad I was just a little off. When I arrived home tonight I found an email announcing a surprise bridal shower for Girl #3.

And so ladies and gentleman, I am....

The last woman standing....

Before ending this post I would like to point out the following. There is a town out west that I will, at times, loving refer to as my home town. If I were to go back and visit said town....I would have no single friends to see. They are ALL married. I would like foe this to be an exaggeration but unfortunately it is NOT....I am cursed.

My friends, however, tend to be quite lucky.

No comments: