8.5.06

The Randomness that is.....

ME.

This, seems to be the theme of my life. Most times I love it and sometimes I don't.

Growing up it seemed as though I was always different than most kids. I tried everything. Tap and ballet when I was three, archery when I was 9, gymnastics when I was 10. The recorder, the viola, and the flute- starting in elementary school and going through high school. Tae-kwan-do in seventh grade, kick-boxing in 9th grade, basketball in 8th grade, swimming my junior year. Speech and debate, yearbook, marching band, drama, D.A.R.E. Youth leadership programs, drug free programs, mentoring programs. Art, horseback riding, writing. I was even a girl scout from the time I was 7 until I was 18. Babysitting, working retail, staffing concerts, soccer games, and baseball games, Powder Puff.

Then I hit college, that lasted for about a year. After that it was off to work. Working in a juice bar, working with juvenile delinquents, teaching preschool, working in a nursing home. Dog sitting, house sitting, horse sitting and even chicken sitting. Working in a photography shop developing film and taking photographs. Working in a bookstore, working as a nanny, running youth conferences.

Talk about random. I guess you could say I love trying new things. This doesn't even include things that I liked to do for fun, in my free time. And as I sit back wondering why in the world I can't make a decision as to what I want to do with my life I realize...I have never been able to choose just one thing. The scary thing about this is that all of these things happened before I moved to Boston. If I were to include the last three years imagine how much longer this list would be.

No comments: